Wednesday 17 February 2016

Thanks for the Memories Rodney and Robert!

So today, Mic and the dogs and I took a little break from the path to Roatan with a layover in the Napa Valley of California's Wine Country. For all of you that know me, I was like a kid in a candy shop as I have learned to appreciate and enjoy fine wines.

Our day started lazily as we were so late last night getting into the town of Petaluma. We made our way to one our favourite wineries, Rodney Strong (I was thinking of you today Alice J.). We tried some exquisite wines including a 2010 Chardonnay, a Fume Blanc, Pinot Noir, a beautiful Meritage (had to get a bottle of that), and some limited edition wines. Once we finished there, we headed to Robert Mondavi. I certainly like my boys of the Napa Valley.  We tried more wines at Robert's house and bought a couple more bottles there too!

We thoroughly enjoyed the wine tastings and made our way back to Petaluma to stay in our Tiny House. For the last little while, I have been watching HGTV's Tiny Houses and am fascinated that people actually live in them. Our house is a whopping 300 square feet and is as cute as can be. It was a miserable day so I don't have any pictures yet, but will try to take some in the morning. Coming from a 3,200 square foot home, I can now thoroughly understand how people are living in these homes that are gaining huge popularity; especially when it comes to the cleaning!

It was a lovely day and am enjoying a couple of glasses of Rodney's finest Riesling tonight with Mic. Thanks for the memories Rodney and Robert and the rest of the cast of characters of California's Wine Country.

After a good night's sleep, Mic and I and the dogs who are our loyal travelling companions will head out on our way to Arizona. Good night all!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect way to spend a "layover"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following us Statia Girl. It was a very nice way to spend a layover.

      Delete
  2. Wine... it's good for you... Great way to get your daily "fruit" supply...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Keith, great way to get your daily fruits, right?!

      Delete